Blogtoberfest 2012

This month I've decided to participate in Blogtoberfest 2012!  Blogtoberfest is an annual blogging festival during which participates challenge themselves to blog each day for 31 days.  In August I joined The August Break, where participants posted pictures instead of words (or a combination of both).  Blogtoberfest might be a bit more of a challenge, but I think I am up for it!

I created this blog for a class I took last year at the University of South Florida when I lived in Tampa.  I had so much fun with it, that I kept creating posts even after the class was over.  It is more for me and a few close family members and friends who actually care what I'm up to!  I haven't actively tried to recruit other readers.  But I am getting more and more interested in blogging communities, and just as I have realized there are other bloggers out there who I am interested in (and who I now follow regularly using Google Reader), as you read my blog, who knows, you may find you are interested in what I post!

I typically write posts about my life exploring the DC area, where I moved to less than a year ago, and things that interest me like photography and travel.  I have two cats, Pepper and Dublin, who figure prominently in my posts.  I spend a lot of time at the National Zoo, and tend to include a lot of pictures from my visits there.

I hope you enjoy the time you spend reading my blog. 


My Weekend...

Mt. Vernon
I had a wonderful weekend visiting with an old friend and some new ones.  We went to dinner Friday and Sunday nights, and visited Mt Vernon yesterday afternoon.  It was a beautiful day here in Virginia. 

Saturday was "finish the homework" day for my Research Methods class.  And my treat that evening was watching The Avengers on DVD!  It was just as good the second time around!

Comments

Popular Posts