Blogtoberfest 2012 - Day 14 - Trip to the Zoo

This afternoon I decided to drive over to the zoo, thinking the crowds had hopefully thinned.  I was wrong.  I was starting to doubt my sanity in going as I was driving through Parking Lot D with not a parking spot in site.  Then all of a sudden, a couple crossed in front of me and got in their car to leave, and I was in the exact place I needed to be to let them out and take their spot!

I have been wanting to visit the Bird House off the Asian Trail since I got my new camera (a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200), but haven't made it over there before today.  I still need more practice.  I tried to take some pictures of a clouded leopard cub, but had difficulties with blurring the chain link fence between me and the cub.  Sometimes I can do it; sometimes I can't.  Arrgh!


Fortunately, there were no chain link fences between me and the birds, so I was able to take some really good pictures in the aviary.








Comments

Popular Posts