Blogtoberfest 2012 - Day 28 - Birds Abound!

In advance of the storm, there seem to be more birds hanging out near my apartment.  There used to be a male and female cardinal that I would see quite often, but who I haven't seen in a while.  Today I caught a glimpse of a male cardinal.  He stood out nice and red in the midst of the trees loosing their leaves.  I wonder if he is the one I used to see a lot before.


The kids and I are hunkered down waiting for the rain and winds that are forecast to come with Sandy getting nearer.  We have plenty of water, food, and litter, so I think we are good to go.  I'm planning to go to the office in the morning, although I might not stay all day.  A lot will depend on the how the weather is and if I am needed at the office.  The vast majority of the work I do can be done from anywhere as long as I have my computer.  Of course, if the power goes out, I may only be productive until the battery power runs out!  I'll make sure I'm fully charged! 

Announcements have been made that schools in the area are closed tomorrow.  Thank goodness I only live 5 miles from the office, and am able to go from one garage to another.  My drive to the office is pretty much I-395 the entire way, and interstates tend to stay clear even in bad weather.  I can't help but think how ironic it is that I live in Florida for 17 years and am fortunate enough to not have a hurricane hit Tampa hard.  Then I move to Arlington and less than a year later...here comes a hurricane.  Go figure. 

Comments

Popular Posts