Blogtoberfest 2012 - Day 3 - Volunteer Time!

This evening was my first hands-on volunteer session at the Arlington Animal Welfare League.  I am volunteering as a cat kennel assistant.  Tonight my main duties were working with socializing the cats and litter box duty.  Later on when I am more experienced I will have the opportunity to work with potential adopters who come to visit.  I met another new volunteer named Jennifer.  She was fun to work with, and I hope to see her again soon!

It was rather exciting this evening because Sarah, one of the cats I met tonight, went home with a new mom!  I am so very happy for her.  Plus a couple came in and filled out adoption paperwork for two of the kittens.  I hope to see more and more cats adopted into good homes as I spend time there.  Some cats have been there for a long time.....months and months.  Those are the ones I find that I want to take home with me.  But I am at my limit where I rent with having two cats already.  Maybe it's a good thing I'm renting now, or I might be tempted to keep bringing the hard to adopt cats home with me!

I found myself itching to get home after my volunteer shift was over so I could give Pepper and Dublin hugs (which they both don't care for at all, but are learning to tolerate!).  I am so grateful I found them (or was it the other way around?).  They make me smile and have taught me not to take life too seriously.


Dublin - I buy expensive toys and what does he want to play with....trash!

Pepper with one of her catnip toys

Comments

  1. Hi, I picked a random blog from the Blogtoberfest sign-up list, and landed here. I'm glad to know that you like taking care of cats - though I am a DOG, and we are the superior race. Still, I would not want cats to go uncared for. Have a good weekend with your parents! From Rome, Murphy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a big-hearted dog, Murphy! Thank you for your kind words. My cats might wish to discuss which is the superior race some day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts