Blogtoberfest 2012 - Day 2 - A Rainy Day in DC

The weather was pretty much overcast, rainy, and dreary all day.  It was a bit of struggle to stay focused. I did take a walk at lunch time and visited the garden behind the Smithsonian Castle.  It's one of favorite places to go when I need to get away from the office for a pick me up.



Foamy bubbles!

It was nice to not have any place to be after work.  I came home and fed Pepper and Dublin.  Now I'm ready for a nice quiet evening in hanging out with the kids.

Mom and Sid are planning to come for a visit this weekend.  They are driving up from North Carolina on Thursday and staying till Sunday.  I am really looking forward to their visit.  It's getting harder and harder to engage with mom.  Her cognitive abilities continue to get worse, and it's difficult to even carry on a simple conversation with her.  I try to find things to do that I think she will enjoy.  We might visit the National Zoo or the National Arboretum this weekend.  I think she would enjoy both places.  We take one day at a time, and are trying to spend as much time together as we can.

Comments

Popular Posts