Purrs of Wisdom

I had a great day today, although right now I feel pretty wiped.  I started out the day feeding the cats (of course!), and then feeding me!  Then I hit the Pentagon City mall and picked up a few things before it got crowded, shopping for me this time instead of for Christmas gifts!

From the mall, I headed to Potomac Yard to shop for some gifts, and cat litter (ah, the necessities of life!).  Then I went to the Alexandria Duncan branch library to pick up a movie I had on hold, and found a couple of books that tweaked my interest.  I had just enough time to go back home and putter on the computer a bit, then I was off to the Felix & Oscar pet store in Springfield, VA.  Talk about a neat place!  The main reason I went is because Ingrid King, who writes The Conscious Cat blog and is the proud mom of Allegra and Ruby, was going to be there signing copies of her book, Purrs of Wisdom.  I discovered her blog somewhere along the way, and have been an avid follower ever since.  She also has a Facebook page, and I enjoy checking out the pictures she posts of Allegra and Ruby.  She blogs about products for cats, and I have discovered some toys that if my cats could talk, they would tell me thank goodness I discovered Ingrid!

Ingrid King cutting the cake at her book signing event at Felix & Oscar pet food store in Springfield
I met some very nice people, and had a piece of cake that was scrumptious!  It seemed almost a shame to cut the cake, it was so gorgeous.  But as you can see, that didn't stop Ingrid.  Although it was cute to see how she sliced the cake.  She cut across the bottom, then started up the side so she wouldn't cut into Ruby's face!


I look forward to reading her book.  She is a firm believer that we have a lot to learn from our cats, and I wholeheartedly agree.  Cats make life look good, that's for sure!

Dublin having a drink from one of our fountains

Pepper - little Miss Priss!
I was at the book signing for a couple of hours!  Ingrid read a chapter from her book and told us a bit about her background.  I met some interesting people, and had a really good time.

Then it was time to come home and finish my last homework assignment that was due today.  I'm happy to say it's done and submitted, and that's why I feel so wiped.  I'm ready to veg on the couch, hopefully with a cat or two, and maybe watch a little mindless entertainment on TV.  I'm definitely in the mood for something that doesn't require any thought or concentration!

Comments

Popular Posts