Goals for 2013

This has been a rather quiet week in the office, which suits me just fine.  I only have one more day to work, then I’ll be off for NINE days!  Yeah!

I am looking forward to spending time with my 4-legged kids and the rest of my 2-legged family.  I have lived in Arlington over a year now.  I sometimes still find that hard to believe.  I’ve been thinking a lot about the upcoming year and my goals for the year. 

Top goal:  Spend time with my family,
 
Lesser goals (in no particular order):
  • Continue to hopefully make A’s in my classes at USF
  • Learn more about and practice more with my (relatively) new bridge camera (a Panasonic DMC-FZ200). I am getting a tele conversion lens for Christmas (thanks mom and dad!), and am excited at the prospect of having a zoom range to 1020 mm.  I keep dreaming about that African safari I hope to take in the not too distance future!
  • Continue to volunteer at the Animal Welfare League of Arlington.  I’m so glad I discovered them and the good work they do.  I love the fact that they are in it for the long haul.  If they have a pet that is adoptable, it stays at the league until it finds it’s forever home instead of being euthanized after a certain number of days.  Tequila, a gorgeous black cat that had been at the shelter since July of last year, finally found her forever home just within the last month or so.
  • Start hitting the weights again at the gym.  I am an avid walker, but that just isn’t cutting it.  I can tell a different in the way my clothes fit, and NOT in a good way.
  • In conjunction with hitting the weights, I want to improve my eating habits, which currently leave a lot to be desired.  I plan to eat more fruits and vegetables, and go back to a previous policy I followed for a while of only allowing myself sweets one day a week (and in moderation on that day!)

I started this list earlier in the day and am too tired to think about adding more things to it!  I think it's a good place to start!
 
 
 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular Posts