More Book Reviews

Express Photography: The Shutter Sisters' Guide to Shooting from the Heart


This book was recommended by one of the blogger's I follow regularly.  I used it more as a reference book instead of a book that I read cover to cover.  I enjoyed a lot of the pictures included in the book, but didn't really find it overly helpful.

The Little Bookstore of Big Stone Gap


This book by Wendy Welch took me a little while to get through, but not because I wasn't enjoying it!  It just seems to take a lot longer for me to read non-fiction books.  It was the tale of a couple who decided to buy a house in a small town, live upstairs, and open a used bookstore in the downstairs.  Their trials and tribulations of opening a used bookstore in a small town were often amusing to read about.  If I ever get to Big Stone Gap (which is in the far western reaches of Virginia), I definitely want to stop by!  

Comments

Popular Posts