Visit to the National Zoo

I'm having a wonderful time hanging out with mom and Sid for a few days!  Friday we went to the National Zoo.  We stayed JUST long enough to have fun and see lots of animals, but not so long we were worn out.

mom and me

cute red panda

orangutans literally hanging out

Sid and mom

is it real?!?

what a ham!
After leaving the zoo, we headed over to Fairfax, VA, to the George Mason University campus.  I wanted to pick up a book from their library that I think will be a good reference source for one of my homework assignments.  We had a late lunch at Panera Bread, then stopped by Bed Bath and Beyond on our way back to the apartment.  When leaving Bed Bath and Beyond, I looked across the parking lot, and saw First Watch!  First Watch serves a great breakfast and I had gotten hooked when I lived in Tampa.  I knew when I moved to the DC area they had a location in Fairfax, but I had never taken the time to figure out where it was.  Now I know!  Saturday morning we went back over to Fairfax and had breakfast at First Watch!  It was just as good as I remembered!

Comments

Popular Posts