NEW JOB!

Today I can't help but think about how funny it is the way things work out sometimes.  I spent the last 2 days in Alexandria, VA at the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children learning what my responsibilities would be for the 4 month detail I was selected for.  This morning I flew back to Tampa from DC.  This afternoon I got a call from HQs telling me they received authorization to fill a second position with the Communications Group, and I was offered the job!  As much as I was excited to the detail, I am even more excited at the prospect of a permanent position! 

My reporting date is November 28th, so the next 2 months are going to be a whirlwind!  I will have an advance round trip to go to the DC area and find a place to live.  I need to get the house ready to sell and prepare to downsize because I feel sure I will be living in a much smaller place.  It boggles my mind trying to think of everything I will need to do!

The only part that makes me sad is that I will miss all the dear friends I have made in Tampa.  But I'm hoping they will come visit and let me play tour guide around the nation's capital!

Comments

Popular Posts