London Pictures - Here are a few of my favorites!

London city view from St Paul's Cathedral
These top two pictures were taken from St Paul's Cathedral, which had been the tallest building in London from 1710 to 1962.  I climbed 378 stairs in order to see this view!  I'm surprised I could hold my camera steady enough to get a clear shot!  I thought I was in shape until I got part way to the top!  Fortunately, coming down was much easier.

London city view from St Paul's Cathedral


Parliment and Big Ben


This picture was taken from the south bank of the Thames River.  It was relatively peaceful to walk along the river.  The area was being readied for a festival that started the day I left....go figure!


Sugar sculpture (yes, you read that right....sugar scuplture!)


This picture was taken at one of the MANY museums I visited.  Off the top of my head, I can't remember which one!  I thought it was very unique.  I'm not sure the idea of a sugar sculpture as art had ever entered my mind before.  Although considering I live in Florida and see sand sculptures at the beach, I guess sugar as a medium isn't that far a stretch!

Comments

Popular Posts