The Hypnotist by Lars Kepler

I just finished another crime novel by a Swedish author, well two Swedish authors actually.  The Hypnotist was written by a couple from Sweden using the pen name Lars Kepler.  It is the first of three books with the same protagonist, Detective Inspector Joona  Linna.  This set of books is being compared to Stieg Larsson's Millenium Trilogy.  The Hypnotist is already on it's way to being made into a Swedish move to be released in 2012.  I personally like Larsson's books better.  I think Larsson did a better job with character development and getting the reader to care about what happens to his characters.  Not that I didn't enjoy The Hypnotist, I definitely did.  You can bet I'll be on the look out for when the second book, The Paganini Contract, is translated into English (it was published in Sweden in July 2010)!

Comments

Popular Posts