My Girl

Last night I was on the couch reading, and I glanced up to see Pepper curled up on Poo Bear.  I bought Poo Bear years ago.  Punk'n, who went over the rainbow bridge in October 2010 at the age of 22, used to love to curl up on it and nap.  I had kept Poo, although Pepper and Dublin have never seemed that interested in it.  It brought tears to my eyes to see Pepper curled up on it, because it reminded me so much of Punk'n, who I had always referred to as "my girl."

Pepper on Poo

Punk'n on Poo
I used to sing "You Are My Sunshine" to Punk'n, because that's what she was, my little orange ray of sunshine.  I find myself singing the Temptations "My Girl" to Pepper these days.  The words seem to fit....

I've got sunshine on a cloudy day
When it's cold outside, 
I've got the month of May
I guess you'd say

What can make me feel this way?
My girl, my girl, my girl
Talkin' 'bout my girl


Pepper may be dark in color, but having her around is like basking in a ray of sunshine.  It makes me feel all warm and toasty inside!

Comments

  1. What a beautiful girl Punk'n was. It is very unusual to see a red tabby girl, they are usually boys.
    Looks like Pepper is a Pooh fan too :)
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts