Arlington Library Spring Book Sale

Today was the first day of the Arlington County Library Spring Book Sale.  I got a postcard in the mail letting me know today was for member's only.  Well, since I'm a friend of the library (member!), I decided to drive over to the Central Library where the sale was being held and check it out.  As I entered the library parking garage just a few minutes before the sale started at 5:30 PM and saw the LONG line of people snaking through the garage to enter the sale, I came VERY close to turning around and going home.  It took me a while to drive ALL the way to the bottom of the parking garage, then turn around and come back out because there were no spaces to be had.  By the time I got back to the garage exit, I had decided, what the hey, I'm here now, I might as well find a place to park and check it out. 

I found a parking spot down a nearby side street, grabbed my Life Is Good tote bag, and headed to join the fray.  By the time I got down to the parking garage where the sale was set up, the entire line was pretty much gone.  I checked out the movies first and found 2 DVDs I decided to get.  Then I headed towards the rear to the science fiction and detective/mystery paperbacks.  The next thing I know, two hours have passed and I'm packing up 26 books to go with the 2 movies I found earlier!  Every time I'd get ready to leave, the volunteers would bring more books out that I just couldn't tear myself away from.  It was like Forrest Gump's mom talking about a box of chocolates...you just never know what you're going to get!

Comments

Popular Posts