Retirement Seminar

This afternoon I went to a retirement seminar at the office.  I didn't learn much that I didn't already know.  I guess my two years of working in personnel paid off!  I even managed to ask one question that I thought I knew the answer to but wanted to get confirmation on that the instructors had to go look up.  (I was right BTW!).  I am on track to retire at the end of June 2015, and hopefully move on to something in my new field, Library and Information Science.

I've made a short list of places I think I might like to move to after I retire:

  • Savannah, GA
  • Austin, TX
  • San Antonio, TX
  • New Orleans, LA
  • Albuquerque, NM

The only one of those I've been to is Savannah.  I hope to visit at least 2 places a year for the next 3 years to get a better idea of where I might want to retire.  I'm thinking of visiting New Orleans this December.  I hear the city is decorated beautifully for Christmas!

Comments

Popular Posts