Anne Welsh Salon - Del Ray

I've lived in Virgina since November of last year, and only now have I finally managed to find a hair salon and stylist that I absolutely love!  I've been to two other places since I moved, and the last time I had my hair cut and highlighted, I was on a cruise ship heading to Alaska.  I was beginning to think I was never going to find a place locally that I felt was a good fit.  Fortunately, I was wrong!

I can't even remember now how I found the salon.  I was definitely doing some Internet searches and came across it that way, but that's the best I can recall.  I called Tuesday afternoon to see if they had any openings for that evening (they were open till 8 PM).  Chris at the front desk said he could schedule me an appointment with Gretchen at 6:15 PM.  I showed up about 6 to the salon.  It's located in an old Victorian-style home in the Alexandria neighborhood of Del Ray.  As I was walking up to the door, I said hello and gave a quick noggin' rub to a cat who was napping on the front porch.  As I entered the front door, a guy who was behind the front desk looked at me, and I said "Chris?", and he said "Linda?".  We were both right!  There was another humongous cat in the waiting room.  I sat down to wait for Gretchen, and several more cats showed up on the front porch!  I had barely sat down when Gretchen came to get me.  We talked for a bit about what I liked (low maintenance) and what I didn't (too short!).  After we talked a bit about what she was going to do, she sent me over to see Jessica to get my hair shampooed.

It turns out that Jessica used to live in Lutz, FL, which is very close to where I used to live in Tampa.  We both moved to the DC area in November of last year.  She was born in South Carolina and grew up in North Carolina, the same as me.  We both lived outside of Charlotte for a while.  It was so neat!  We couldn't believe the similarities!  After Jessica was finished with my wash, I went back over to Gretchen's work area.  Gretchen used to live on St Simon's Island in GA, near Savannah, which is one of my favorite places to visit.  She moved here after she got married about a year ago and her husband works in DC the same as me.  In the midst of our conversation, I just had to ask what was up with all the cats!  She told me the owners lived upstairs, and the cats belonged to them and had the run of the place.  Needless to say, I felt right at home!

I absolutely love the cut Gretchen gave me.  I will definitely be going back for my next cut and highlights/lowlights!


Anne Welsh Salon - Del Ray
PS  I found the picture on flickr using Google image search!
  

Comments

Popular Posts