Rockahock Farms

I am so excited!  Even since I returned to the D.C. area, I've been keeping my eyes and ears open for mention of Rockahock Farms.  I was first introduced to one of their blueberry crisps back in 2008 when I was in D.C. on a detail.  After I moved to the area, I discovered a website about many of the farmer's markets in the local area.  The vendors who participate in the farmer's markets were listed, and Rockahock was listed as being at several of them!  One of them is in Crystal City, Arlington on Tuesdays from 3-7 PM.  Yesterday was the first day of "the season" for this particular farmer's market, so I stopped by on my way home from work.  And Rockahock Farms did indeed have a tent set up there!  They did not have any blueberry crisps, but I did manage to snag the last blueberry/peach crisp.  I heated it up when I got home, cut a slice, added a scoop of vanilla ice cream, and I think you can guess the rest!  It was just as good as I remember.  I also bought a loaf of the cranberry lime bread, which didn't really sound that appealing in my opinion.  But fortunately, the guy manning the tent had samples.  One bite and I was sold!  I think I'm going to have to hit the treadmill/street more often with all these goodies I'm finding!

Comments

Popular Posts