Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesday time! 

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of A Daily Rhythm. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers.
My teaser for today:
"As you proceed through the different assessments you will discover how your physical, emotional, mental and spiritual characteristics entwine.  For just as our body types influence our emotions, our minds and our attitudes, so the reverse is true - out ideas, ideals and unconscious strategies also most our bodies."

p. 0 (just before page 1! - no page designation), "Who Are You?: 101 Ways of Seeing Yourself" by Malcolm Godwin
I was intrigued by the cover of this book and am just starting to thumb through it, so I can't really say yet how much I like it and how useful it might be.  I was drawn to it because I recently retired and moved to a different state.  I often feel like I'm still trying to figure out who I am and where I fit in.  I was hoping this book might help...


Comments

  1. This looks super interesting... Can't wait to hear what you think about it! Stop by The Reading Hideaway to check out my teaser from The Martian.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alexis, I'm afraid I gave up on this book and returned it to the library mostly unread. It was a bit much for me. Checked out your teaser. Is this the book the movie with Matt Damon is based off of?!?

      Delete
  2. I can't imagine that many ways of seeing myself. Intriguing! Here's my intro and teaser: http://wp.me/p4DMf0-1aM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. That's a powerful sounding excerpt from the book you're reading. Very intense.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts