Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Books and a Beat. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:  
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers.
My teaser for today:
"He showed up on my doorstep last Monday evening, a ginger tom with a limp and a very pitiful mew.  A bowl of cream miraculously cured the limp, and after a night on the kitchen hearth, the mew was replace by a snarl that caused the milkman to shatter a fresh pint all over my kitchen floor.  I strongly suspect premeditation, since the cat promptly lapped it up."

p. 135, "Aunt Dimity's Death" by Nancy Atherton
This is the first novel in a series I just discovered and am now completely hooked on!  It's a cozy mystery with a tad bit of paranormal and romance thrown in for good measure.  And yes, I cheated just a little and included a third line because the teaser makes more sense with it!  The cat is a very minor character in the book, but I don't hold that against it.  I'm a sucker for a book that will make me chuckle out loud, and this one did...more than once.

Comments

  1. I have never read this series, but it does sound like fun. I thought your teaser was great. I can't resist a cat. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this lined up to read myself! I think it's scheduled for a May read :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have! I just picked up books 2 and 3 in the series from the library today.....

      Delete
  3. This sounds great fun - paranormal mixed in with a cosy mystery:). And a cat... Thank you so much for swinging by earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love series mysteries and this sounds right up my alley! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the pussy cat teaser. I'm not into this type of read right now (who knows my tastes might change with age). But it reminded me so much of a friend back East (I'm in Colorado) that I sent her a link to your post- she loves cosy mysteries- I love cats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love books that ,ake me chuckle!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts