Latest adventure - Friends of the Duncan Library!

Last week I was asked to volunteer to be Vice President of the Friends of the Duncan Library.  I thought about it long and hard and ultimately decided to say yes.  Between work, school, and volunteering at the Arlington Animal Welfare League, I stay pretty busy as it is.  But I think this will be a good experience for me, and I think it will be fun!  I'll be responsible for posting to the Friends Facebook page and sending email notifications to the group about upcoming events and to keep them informed about what's going on at the library.  I'm hoping to eventually assume some of the responsibilities for the group's website, but it's in the process of being redeveloped right now.  So I'm just sitting back and listening to what the rest of the group's vision is for the site.  I'll also be responsible for filling in for the President and setting the agenda for Friend's meetings when he's not able to attend.  Hopefully I haven't bitten off more than I can chew!  But for a little girl, I do have a big mouth!

This week is National Library Week.  So my first post on the Friends Facebook site was to announce that!


Comments

Popular Posts