Stay or Go?

This past week I have spent a lot of time thinking about my current living arrangements.  The lease at my apartment is expiring near the end of October and I have received a renewal offer that is more of an increase than I'd really like to pay.  I have been visiting several apartment complexes to see what else if available and if I can find anything I like better than where I am.  My location overall is pretty darn good.  I-395 is just outside my kitchen window, which is both good and bad.  It doesn't make for the best view, but it's nice to know what issues I might run into going to work before I even leave the apartment, and it makes getting to pretty much wherever I might want to go pretty doggone easy.  I am 5 miles from my office and the National Mall in downtown DC.  It can't get much better than that, I must admit!

The one feature my apartment does not have that I sorely miss is a garden tub.  Plus there is a dog that I think is in the apartment above me who more than occasionally lets his sadness know by a lonely sounding howl.  Fortunately, it never lasts long, but can still be rather annoying.  The complex does not have a 24-hour concierge, which I would like.

Fortunately I still have about 3 weeks or so to make up my mind, but I will be glad when I am able to put this decision behind me.  It does create a small amount of stress, and it is hard for me to concentrate on much else. 

Comments

Popular Posts