Next Guests Have Arrived!

Late yesterday afternoon Valerie and Rachelle arrived from Florida.  We went to Shirlington Village and had a pizza from Extra Virgin, an Italian restaurant.  It was REALLY good!  We also did a bit of grocery shopping because I was in need of replenishing many staples in my pantry.

This weekend we plan to visit the National Gallery of Art and the Natural History Museum (not sure in what order!).  Then on Monday, I think we are going to head to the National Zoo.  Tuesday the girls will be on their own while I spend some time finishing my last paper for my current class.  They have a White House tour scheduled and I think are going to the Air and Space Museum after that.  It is probably my least favorite of the Smithsonian Museums in DC that I have visited so far, so I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything! 

Tuesday night we have tickets to see The Addams Family musical at the Kennedy Center.  I have never been there before, so I am very excited about going.  Wednesday I think they want to go to the Library of Congress, the Folger Shakespeare Library, and the Botanic Gardens, several of my favorite places!  It will be my first visit to the Shakespeare Library, so I am curious to see what it is like.

Should be a fun week.  I'll need to go back to work to get some rest!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts