A Home Owner No Longer

As of today I am no longer a home owner.  We closed on my former house in Tampa.  I am excited at the prospect of not having to pay home owner's insurance, property taxes, upkeep for lawn and pool, and other maintenance related costs (like when squirrels chew through one of your solar panels).  However, I must admit I also have a feeling of sadness, and I'm not really sure I can articulate why.  Maybe because it means that chapter of my life is truly closed now.  Again, I'm not sure.  I do know that I feel an overall sense of relief now that the closing has finally occurred.  We had to postpone it twice for various reasons.  My dad told me to take one last picture before I drove away on Tuesday, November 15th.  Here it is.  I must admit I came very close to shedding tears as I pulled out of the driveway that last time.



Making the move to Virginia was definitely the right thing to do. I am excited about living in the D.C. area and all there is to see and do here. This weekend, a girl friend and I plan to visit a museum, although we haven't firmed up which one yet, there are so many to choose from! Then in 2 weeks I think we are going to get tickets to see Billy Elliot the musical. 

This coming Friday a company is finally coming to pick up all the boxes and packing materials that I have been walking over since my stuff was delivered on November 18th.  This weekend I plan to take pictures of the new apartment, sans boxes, to post on the blog!

Comments

Popular Posts