Stuff, stuff and more stuff!

I thought I had done a pretty good job of getting rid of stuff before my move from Tampa to Arlington.  Now I'm thinking maybe not so much!  The relocation company only authorizes a "partial unpack", so I'm at my apartment surrounded by boxes that still need to be unpacked.  Actually, it's probably not as bad as that sounds.  I've already unpacked a huge number of boxes.  Once I finish, the moving company will send someone to pick up the boxes and packing material.  I hope to have that done by Monday.  Thank goodness I got a 2 bedroom apartment.  That spare bedroom is looking mighty good to hold the boxes that have been unpacked already!

I actually fell asleep on the couch curled up with Pepper earlier.  I think all of us are pretty content having our stuff around us, even if I do plan to get rid of more of it!  I have already located the nearest Goodwill donation center, and plan to take more stuff there over the next week. 

Tomorrow the company who packed my TVs (separate from the moving company, although the moving company moved them) are coming to unpack them.  The Verizon technician was here today and left me 2 boxes for the TVs.  Hopefully I'll be able to figure out how to get them up and running!  I have a working phone, and working internet, although the technician had some problems with setting up the wireless router.  Whenever he tried to connect via wireless, we kept getting a screen for Clear wireless, which appears to be affiliated through Best Buy somehow.  I am going to have to take my laptop to Best Buy to see if they can get rid of whatever is on my computer that makes that pop up every time we try to connect via wireless.  Ugh!

Anyway, overall the move has gone rather smoothly.  I am glad I have this upcoming week off to continue to get settled in!  I think I'm going to need it!

Comments

Popular Posts