Teaser Tuesday

It's time for another Teaser Tuesday! 

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of A Daily Rhythm. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers.
My teaser for today:
"'What about books?'. Stacey had worked with Tony for long enough not to dismiss him as a crazy man when he produced such gnomic utterances."

p. 279, "Splinter the Silence" by Val McDermid 
This book is in the mystery genre and is the newest in McDermid's Tony Hill/Carol Jordan series. I got hooked on this series some time ago.  There was also a British TV show created based on this series, Wire in the Blood.  I thoroughly enjoyed the series too.

I am barely into the book, but turned to a random page for today's teaser quote. I found it ironic that the first two lines of the page I turned to references books. How could I not use these lines?!?!?

Comments

Popular Posts