Where is the year going?

I can hardly believe it's the last day of June.  This month seems to have flown by.  I have been extremely busy at both work and school, as you can probably tell from the frequency of my posts (not so many!).

As you may have noted on my blog, one of my goals is each year to visit a country I have not been to before. I have finally made a command decision for the country I plan to visit this year.  England!  Last year, Alexia and I spent a week in Paris.  Now that I've seen Paris, I feel the need to see the remainder of the "big 3" (London, Paris and Rome). So, London it is! 

I discovered a company called At Home in London, which I am going to use to book a place to stay.  The company represents people in London who offer rooms to travelers in their private homes.  It's like a bed and breakfast concept, just more informal.   I am going to be staying with an opera singer and her Persian cats!  I will have my own key to the home to come and go as I please.  Breakfast is included, and I will have use of the kitchen for simple meals.  Public transportation is close by, with a tube stop about half a mile away and a bus stop within 2 blocks.  I am excited at the prospect of seeing the city!  I mainly plan to immerse myself in the city itself, although I am exploring taking a day trip to see Windsor, Stonehenge and Bath.  I can hardly wait!.......

Comments

Popular Posts