Asheville is for the Birds!

The kids and I are settling in well in Asheville, North Carolina.  We've been here for a little over 2 weeks now.  I finally understand what retirees mean when they say they can't figure out how they ever found time to work!

It has been a whirlwind!  One of the highlights of our move is that we are now have a ground level apartment and are able to put out multiple bird feeders.  It took the birds about a week to discover we are here.  Now the word seems to be getting out!

I am becoming addicted to the Audubon app I have on my iPad.  I use it and two bird books my aunt gave me to identify the birds that are visiting us.  The app also lets you enter your bird sightings and upload photos.  It is so cool!

Here are some of the birds who have come calling!

white breasted nuthatch

house finch

tufted titmouse

common ground doves

wild turkeys

American goldfinch

American crow

Carolina chickadees

eastern bluebird

the kids enthralled by a squirrel!
As you can see, we are not only seeing birds, but a local squirrel dropped by too!  I will say, he is a tenacious little bugger.

Comments

  1. We bet you two have never been so glad you moved when you saw what kind of visitors you get, LOL.
    What beautiful little birds. I have never seen a wild turkey before.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have so many great birds! We recently put up a feeder and all our birds have been grey and brown. I am keeping my fingers crossed that one of these days a colorful bird will show up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts