It's Been a While...

This is my first blog post in well over a week.  I'm afraid I haven't been very motivated for much of anything.  At least this evening I seem to have a spark of energy!  I've been going through about a foot tall stack of papers and magazines that have been accumulating since who knows when.  The clutter is probably part of what has been zapping my energy.  No more!  (We'll see how long that lasts, but I am going to make a conscious effort to do better!)

My day was made earlier when I received a package from my friend Alexia.  She was in Italy last month, and while in Rome, she got me a surprise....

 
A kitty key chain!  She always picks the perfect gifts! 
 
My mind has been roaming a lot lately.  Today I was thinking about how my attitude towards traveling is changing.  I used to have what seemed like an unscratchable itch to travel.  But lately I haven't felt the same urge I used to.  Some of my favorite times are hanging out on the couch with the kids reading a good book.  Pepper and Dublin get along well most of the time, but you rarely catch all of us on couch at the same time!  Pepper is a proper lady, whereas Dublin is a sprawler who considers me his personal pillow (that's my leg he's using as a pillow below)!
 

 
Later this evening, I'm off to the Wild Bird Center in Alexandria for some bird seed and to the Shirlington Library to drop off some books.  Their system went wonky and has been down for a few days.  I have several books that I renewed online that I received a notice were past due.  I want to be sure and get all that straightened out...
 


Comments

Popular Posts