Nikon Coolpix S9100 versus Canon Powershot SX230

I have decided that I'd like to get a new camera to take on my trip to London.  I have a small sub-compact point and shoot and a digital SLR.  Both are made by Canon and I have been very happy with both of them.  I took both cameras to Paris when I went last year.  Two cameras plus a telephoto lens...what a hassle that turned out to be.  I want the convenience of a compact camera, but the versatility of a longer zoom than my small point and shoot.  Thus my research into compact superzoom cameras began!  My head is spinning and after I finish this post, I'm off to Lowe's to buy a new air filter just to get out of the house and hopefully clear my head!

I have narrowed my choices down to the Nikon Coolpix S9100 and the Canon Powershot SX230.  As with everything in life, there are pluses and minues to both.  The focal length of the Nikon is better, 25-450 mm compared to 28-392 mm.  But I'm not sure I'd notice the difference with the type of photos I take?  Consumer Reports rates the Nikon a bit better, but user reviews seem to indicate that users like the Canon better.  My next step is to visit a brick and mortar store so I can get the feel of both cameras.  Maybe that will help me decide which to buy! 

Comments

Popular Posts