OPM Annuity - FINALIZED!

My retirement annuity has been finalized by OPM as of September 2, 2015.  It took 2 months and 2 days.  I didn't think that was bad at all. And the calculation was pretty much right on the money with what I expected it to be.  My monthly annuity is $54 less than the annuity estimate I was provided before I retired.  But my FERS Social Security Supplement is about $100 more per month that I had estimated it would be. So it almost evens out and is actually a little in my favor.

I feel so fortunate that I was in a position to be able to fully retire at age 50.  I've been retired for a little over 2 months now, and am LOVIN' IT! I thought there would be things I'd miss about the office.  But I don't.  For that, I'm grateful.  I had been somewhat nervous about retiring when practically all my friends are still working.  But I've had plenty to keep me busy between guests visiting one last time before I leave the DC area, preparing for my upcoming move, reading, and continuing to research Asheville and what I want to do when I get there.  As moving time approaches, my excitement grows!





Comments

  1. Isn't it good when money actually works out if your favour for a change, lol.
    You are so lucky to be able to retire at 50, I bet there are a million people who wish they could.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts