December Reflections - Day 31 - My Word for 2015 is.....

2015 will bring several significant changes for me. If all goes well, I'll graduate in May with my Master's in Library and Information Science (I'm still not sure what, if anything, I'll do with it!).

I plan to retire in June.  I am blessed to be eligible to retire when I turn 50 with a pension that should cover all my needs if not all my wants. I'm still trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up (secretly hoping that never happens...the growing up part, that is).

I also plan to move from the DC area when my lease expires in October (too darn expensive to stay here without a real paycheck coming in!). Although I'm still undecided on where I'll land initially. I anticipate somewhere in North Carolina. I'm leaning heavily towards Asheville, North Carolina and have started some extensive research on the area.  I've already identified two animal rescue organizations that offer volunteer opportunities.  I will definitely miss the Animal Welfare League of Arlington where I currently volunteer and the friends I've made there.  There are four of us that regularly volunteer on Sundays together. Thank goodness for Facebook which helps me keep in touch with friends and family scattered in various places!

Comments

  1. How exciting! I am so pleased for you. Sounds like there is a whole new life going to happen this year. As someone who also hopes they never grow up I know you will have tons of fun.
    Happy New Year!
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts