National Zoo Visit - New Camera

Yesterday I visited the National Zoo to get a chance to really use my new Canon SX700.  I managed to get just over 400 pictures before the battery died.  I was at the zoo for a little over 3 hours.  I've come to the conclusion that if I keep the camera (which I'm leaning heavily towards), I'll get at least one spare battery, if not two.  I have a trip to Ireland planned in May.  When I ordered this camera, it was with the intent of it being my primary camera when I travel.  It's smaller than my Panasonic DMC-FZ200, and gives me a better zoom range, although the f-stop range is not as good.  But I think the smaller size makes the trade off worth it.  It will take up less room when I travel, and in all honesty, I doubt my untrained eye would notice much of a difference, if any, between pictures taken with the Canon and those with the Panasonic.

Here are some of my favorite pictures from the zoo.







Comments

Popular Posts